On Fri, Feb 9, 2024 at 12:16 PM Roy Bekken <roy.bek...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On fredag 9. februar 2024 17:41:33 CET Neal Gompa wrote:

> > > This is extremely hostile towards new people trying linux for the very
> > > first time, asking them to add a copr repo if they have problems with
> > > wayland  to try X11, its unlikely they ever heard this stuff before.
> > >

> > > Most likely they are trying out Fedora on a live media.
> > >

> > And they're not going to get an X11 experience on live media even now.
> > Wayland has been used for all environment modes since Fedora 36.
> I am aware if this. So you are saying that its perfectly fine that someone new
> to linux boot into a desktop that microstutters when they move windows around?

No, it's not fine. Just like it's not fine to get random
tear/corruption snow when moving things around or opening windows on
X11.

The difference is that we can actually do something about those issues
with Plasma Wayland when people report them. *Tons* of these kinds of
issues were fixed over the past 3 years, and Plasma 6 brings a huge
upgrade around this stuff too. And the whole graphics pipeline is
fully under the control of KDE Plasma, so we can do things we've never
done before. That's why we can do VRR, HDR, VR, mixed-DPI, fractional
scaling, and so much more.

We can do things that even other Wayland desktops can't do because our
architecture is flexible enough to do it. With Plasma X11, our necks
are hanging to the dying albatross that is the X server and our hands
are tied behind our backs when we want to actually do something to
improve the experience. These are not issues with Plasma Wayland.

Because Plasma Wayland... is just KDE Plasma.