On 05/30/2012 02:23 PM, Peter Robinson wrote:
Yes, for the Fedora side of things I think gluster 3.2 is the best
strategy with a fedorapeople repo of 3.3 if it's considered worthwhile
for those that wish to play. For gluster 3.3 I suggest a feature page
for F-18 / rawhide. Is it feasible for the missing hekafs features to
be merged into the 3.3 release train by October when F-18 is due to be
released?

I was under the impression that glusterfs would be automatically carried forward from f17 into f18, as it apparently was from f16 into f17.

F18 builds (of 3.2.6) are already available in koji. Until now I haven't heard that a feature page is needed for 3.2.x (or 3.3.x) to be included in f18. (But how to deprecate HekaFS on f18 once the glusterfs-3.3.0 build is available.)

The features that are in HekaFS (in f16 and f17) will get merged into glusterfs-3.3.1+, as I indicated previously, but I won't promise how many of them will be there when f18 ships. We certainly hope that all of them will be, but we aren't making any promises.

For the EPEL side possibly it might be worth going the glusterfs32
naming route and keep it simple and move it forward.

Peter

--

Kaleb