On 05/30/2012 03:03 PM, Kaleb S. KEITHLEY wrote:
> On 05/30/2012 02:23 PM, Peter Robinson wrote:
>> Yes, for the Fedora side of things I think gluster 3.2 is the best
>> strategy with a fedorapeople repo of 3.3 if it's considered worthwhile
>> for those that wish to play. For gluster 3.3 I suggest a feature page
>> for F-18 / rawhide. Is it feasible for the missing hekafs features to
>> be merged into the 3.3 release train by October when F-18 is due to be
>> released?
>
> I was under the impression that glusterfs would be automatically carried
> forward from f17 into f18, as it apparently was from f16 into f17.

It is, barring a newer build in the f18 target.

> F18 builds (of 3.2.6) are already available in koji. Until now I haven't
> heard that a feature page is needed for 3.2.x (or 3.3.x) to be included
> in f18. (But how to deprecate HekaFS on f18 once the glusterfs-3.3.0
> build is available.)

No feature page is required, but in cases of notable changes in
functionality, it is usually worthwhile.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_remove_a_package_at_end_of_life

> The features that are in HekaFS (in f16 and f17) will get merged into
> glusterfs-3.3.1+, as I indicated previously, but I won't promise how
> many of them will be there when f18 ships. We certainly hope that all of
> them will be, but we aren't making any promises.

Fair enough. I still think 3.3+ in f18+ makes the most sense.

~tom

==
Fedora Project