On Wed, Dec 05, 2012 at 04:06:38PM -0500, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> > 1) Fedora is big enough that we have concrete situations where one size
> >    doesn't fit all. Puppet being broken on F17 (and probably F18 as well)
> >    is a fine example of something within the distro itself. And, as a
> >    platform for development, offering more version choices to our users
> >    would be a strength.
> <heretical>
> Well, then maybe Fedora's too big, and we should move to a model where
> Fedora is much smaller, and the grand Fedora universe contains things that
> are packaged *for* one or multiple Fedoras.
> </heretical>

I have a cautious leaning in favor of this heresy. (*Looks around for angry
villagers with torches*.) It seems like (eventually) the Software
Collections mechanism might provide part of the infrastructure for doing
that cleanly.

--
Matthew Miller  ☁☁☁  Fedora Cloud Architect  ☁☁☁  <mat...@fedoraproject.org>