On Fri, 2013-12-13 at 14:45 +0100, Phil Knirsch wrote:

> Famous last words: Can't be that hard to write a script that compares 2
> builds that they provide the have the same provides and requires and
> filelists. :)

That's still not really enough; that metadata doesn't express anything
*close* to all the possible capabilities of a package. Not saying this
isn't a good idea, just that it should involve careful manual double
checking of compose logs and the like.

We already have AutoQA running rpmdiff and rpmguard tests on new builds,
btw. I doubt it would be difficult to hook this effort up to that AutoQA
stuff somehow so you can get nice rpmdiff/rpmguard results between your
test builds. tflink/kparal (CCed) may have some thoughts.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey