On 27 May 2015 at 11:57, Michael Schwendt <mschwe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It kinda sucks that you list a "No keywords in .desktop file" warning
> for almost all packages even if they meet the packaging guidelines and
> the specific requirements of the F22 development cycle, i.e. running
> "appstream-util validate-relax" on the appdata file and
> "desktop-file-install" on the .desktop file. Normally one uses the
> development period to fix such issues.

It's not only the "green" applications that make the cut, the amber
ones go in too. Having keywords makes the search functionality much
better, but isn't actually required for your application to be shown
in the software center. It would be disingenuous at best to show OK
and use a green line when we're missing this extra data. I'll probably
start nagging people about missing keywords in F23, i.e. real soon
now.

> There is no such warning in the build.log output:

I guess we should make desktop-file-validate check for keywords too,
although they're not actually *required* to be a valid .desktop file.

Richard.