On Mar 24, 2008, at 9:46 AM, Gleb Natapov wrote:

    git clone http://www.open-mpi.org/~jsquyres/unofficial/ompi.git

And then work with local git operations from there.
It is very useful! Is it possible to sync it with SVN nightly?

I think that's the larger open question: should we move the OMPI repo to a different technology (such as git or hg)? Right now that git repo is *not* being updated.

My $0.02 is that I'd rather address the larger question first. If we want to setup read-only gateways to other SCMs, I think it would be simplest to do it after the [potential] conversion to a new SCM. Otherwise, we'll potentially multiple the setup-the-gateway work (once for SVN, once for something else).

The only problem I have with it is that git doesn't track empty
directories and autogen.sh fails without ompi/mca/io/romio/romio/ confdb.

Same with Mercurial. Note that we put a .placeholder file in there recently (on the trunk).