Coming back to your question...

I'd look for a tool we not only can use for the release process, but may be
able to get an oversight of where are we standing at any given point in time (=
whenever we want to see it, we get the state as it is at that point. No time
travel).

https://github.com/dlang-bots/dlang-bot looks like a good template. It just
would need to be ported from D...

I worked with GitHub API in the past and could tinker on a dashboard
(read-only) after I am finished with the homepage...
Bugzilla has an API, too. Login could be done with GitHub as auth provider
later in the process.

For those links: I personally prefer the issues view. The milestone feature is
only interesting insofar as a progress bar is displayed in the issue view.

I'd advise against the wiki, as it sounds like manual work to keep it
up-to-date.
If you need some checkboxes, use GFM's task list syntax:
https://help.github.com/articles/about-task-lists/

Kind regards

Ryuno-Ki