Mikael Hermansson <m...@7b4.se> writes:

> For example more libs should be allowed.

We've been working on that the whole time, and we're getting closer to
being able to allow more libs. What's currently missing (and what's
being worked on) is a way to identify applications using new libraries,
and hide them from devices running older versions of the operating
system.

Once that is in place it'll be a lot easier and faster for us to add new
libraries (given they have a reasonably stable API) to the platform.

> But about payment how to avoid pirate copying? Would Jolla be responsible if
> your work is pirated since SailfishOS has no copy protection because of its
> nature of "open platform". Would endusers stop use Jolla if they start
> implement copyprotection or similar silly solutions?

"Open platform" and "copy protection" are not mutually exclusive. What
you can't do on an open platform is locking the whole thing down and
trying to avoid piracy by just not giving the users any rights. You
still can do per application copy protection, though. As a side note,
for many applications device copyprotection becomes more and more
irrelevant, due to the move to in-app purchases and serverside
verification.

Bernd