Following up building gmp-6.3.0 on Intel MacOS Ventura. These are stand alone
builds done by hand:

The RSB check results:

On 5/12/2023 8:37 am, Chris Johns wrote:
> Testsuite summary for GNU MP 6.3.0
> # TOTAL: 53
> # PASS:  10
> # SKIP:  1
> # XFAIL: 0
> # FAIL:  42
> # XPASS: 0
> # ERROR: 0

Default:

 ./configure && make && make check

produces:

Testsuite summary for GNU MP 6.3.0
# TOTAL: 53
# PASS:  45
# SKIP:  1
# XFAIL: 0
# FAIL:  7
# XPASS: 0
# ERROR: 0

Disable shared libraries:

 ./configure --disable-shared && make && make check

produces:

Testsuite summary for GNU MP 6.3.0
# TOTAL: 53
# PASS:  10
# SKIP:  1
# XFAIL: 0
# FAIL:  42
# XPASS: 0
# ERROR: 0

It seems the `--disable-shared` option on Intel MacOS causes problems.

I add `--disable-shared` to the building of these packages to avoid any shared
library issues in the our built tools. I have no idea if this is an issue as
gcc, gdb etc may statically link. It would be nice to confirm this so if someone
is interesting in taking look it would be appreciated?

Chris