Hello,

On 04.12.2023 22:37, Chris Johns wrote:
The issue has been resolved in gmp-6.3.0 for M silicon. I am how looking at:

https://lists.rtems.org/pipermail/users/2023-October/068894.html

and the crash is in a GMP call via MPFR. This is on Intel silicon on Ventura. I
have just run `make check` on the RSB build of GMP and it is not great:

Testsuite summary for GNU MP 6.3.0
# TOTAL: 53
# PASS:  10
# SKIP:  1
# XFAIL: 0
# FAIL:  42
# XPASS: 0
# ERROR: 0

Oh, so this is an mac intel issue then.

I'm gonna make the suggestion do just remove support for Intel Macs for RTEMS 6.0.

I mean, what is the number of developpers who:

1) Will release a product based on RTEMS 6 (out in 2024 hopefully)
2) Have enough money to buy an Intel MacBook
3) Do not have enough money to upgrade 4 years later, especially with the 3x compile speed improvements the M1/2/3 brings?

My guess is zero. And there is always the possiblity to use a free Ubuntu MV on these obsolete macs.

I know the senior RTEMS developpers are very very busy, so I (selfishly) would prefer if they use their time for something more productive :)

Here at Precidata for example, we've put our product developpement with RTEMS on hold for the past 5 months, because of bug #4923 (STM32h7 FPU corrupted on return from IRQ).

So may I humbly suggest to forget obsolete developpement platforms and focus energy on new targets?

Thanks for your answers and all your work.

Cedric