Hello Heinz,

On 15.12.2023 10:44, Heinz Junkes wrote:
HI,
I can follow Cedric's reasoning. Even if I was the initiator of this discussion.

I use RTEMS in my lectures/exercises, among other things, and have always been
able to give the students
freedom which laptops with which OS they wanted to use. And there are many of
them with used
older laptops. Intel Macs, for example.

But you can also use a VM with Linux on all these systems.

It might then be okay to communicate openly that there will be no more support
for Macs in the future.

Just to be clear: I'm not advocating dropping Mac support, just dropping the support for the old intel-based ones (the ones with issues right now).

Mac with M1/M2/M3 work fine with the latest tooling.

Cedric