On 12/18/23 07:05, Chris Johns wrote:
Mac with M1/M2/M3 work fine with the latest tooling.

I think there is a middle ground here and that means some investigation is
needed to determine what works and what is at issue then deciding how much
further work is done. I have done some of this. The results are based on what I
have working:

Builds:

   Sonoma
   Montery
   Big Sur

Fails:

   Ventura

The failure on Ventura is in GMP called from MPFR. Running the GMP tests a
number fail and removing --disable-shared improves the test results but GCC does
not build. I have not looked any further.

Just a rant.

IIRC when Ventura cames it was a disaster for RSB since on Monterey this worked and on Ventura it stopped. IIRC less RAM on system shows more sensibility to Ventura problems. And IIRC you were the person who solved this somehow. Does this mean we're back to the original state with Ventura making troubles again? I'm not sure if this is even technically possible (partly due to how Apple supports OS reverts) to test every version of Ventura released by Apple to see reliably if whole family is sick or there are some versions which may be recommended for use. E.g. Ventura spans from 13.0 to 13.5 already...
Perhaps doable on VM...

Karel