Hi Ignacy,
Ignacy Gawędzki wrote,

> On Thu, Oct 13, 2016 at 06:10:15PM +0200, thus spake Ignacy Gawedzki:
> > On Thu, Oct 13, 2016 at 05:32:35PM +0200, thus spake Ignacy Gawedzki:
> > > On Thu, Oct 13, 2016 at 05:17:32PM +0200, thus spake Ignacy Gawedzki:

> > > It looks just like make check doesn't work with a separate build
> > > directory (make O=/path/to/somewhere/else check).  Do you confirm?
> >
> > I fixed a few things in test/Makefile and test/Rules.mak (patch
> > coming soon) and it looks like make check now works with a separate
> > build directory.  But still, I'm getting errors in test/math regarding
> > __builtin_isfinite and the like not getting floating-point arguments.
> > To me it looks like the test code is wrong, but I may be wrong myself.
> >
> > Any idea how to fix that?
>
> Okay, apart from the fact that you're not supposed to call isfinite
> nor isnormal with anything except floating point arguments (tests in
> glibc do this by using intermediate variables initialized with the
> integer literals), and should cast those literals explicitly to FLOAT,
> I discovered that I can disable glibc tests by passing UCLIBC_ONLY=1
> (these errors were triggered by my local native glibc). :/
>
> But still, some tests that run a mipsel binary using qemu-mipsel fail
> miserably.  Some because they just assume the binary is run natively
> (as test/crypt which defines a WRAPPER variable to run the binary
> using env), which is simply not working when SIMULATOR_uclibc equals
> some qemu binary.  Some other because of reasons unknown to me at this
> time: test/unistd/clone (somehow the child processes seem to be
> un-wait4-able with qemu).
>
> I'd *really* like to reproduce the failed tests because of my patch,
> but without any more information (actual uclibc-ng's .config,
> buildroot's .config, exact way to run the testsuite for mipsel on an
> amd64 machine), I'm fighting with unrelated problems so far.

Sorry I visited ELCE 2016 in Berlin, so I had no time to give you
the required information.
I will sent you buildroot instructions later.

If you want you can try it with my embedded-test script (you need
mksh and qemu installed):
git clone git://git.embedded-test.org/git/embedded-test
cd embedded-test
git clone git://git.uclibc-ng.org/git/uclibc-ng
mksh embedded-test.sh --arch=mipsel --libc=uclibc-ng \
  --libc-source=uclibc-ng --test=libc

Only 3 tests should fail.
Then apply your patch and run it again, it will automatically
do a complete clean build.

best regards
 Waldemar