Hello Daniel, just a few additional lines.
In my opinion there really is no difference between the situations. And if a
project is accepted by the MMC, we are talking about a project "within". At
least, if I understand the rules correctly.
What you are explaining in your reply to me, might be one of the major
challenges MMBase is facing. Principally I don't think it matters if
functionality comes from within or not. I would argue that as long as it is
in the interest of MMBase as a whole, well coded, documented, MPL, etc. We
shoulkd just take advantage of the functionality offred. The committers
(mmc) can than upgrade their ambitions for the next release. But that is of
course your decision, not mine.
Regards,
Jo.

MMBase Foundation