Il 29/01/20 23:40, Filippo Cucchetto ha scritto:
Let's be clear, here all people are just telling their own opinions
(you too) and i'm not pretending
to be correct. I've no proof but: first, the offer announced here is
of 499$ thus not very different
from the one i've stated, second i've pointed out another example
(JetBrains tools) for a product
used by developers with a reasonable price. Just to be clear i work
for a company that pay for
a commercial license thus i somewhat know the price.

Sorry to be "the one in the room", but: this is not the right place to discuss changes to Qt's commercial offering. This is the development mailing list: the list for the technical development of Qt.

I don't think Qt sales representatives read this mailing list at all (happy to be proven wrong), but anyhow, you should all raise these concerns and these ideas to _them_, not here.

With enough inputs of this sort, maybe your message will go through and we'll see more changes to the offering. Otherwise it's just wasted energy (in the sense that it will not make a difference because it's used in the wrong place, not that the message itself isn't sound).

My 2 c,
--
Giuseppe D'Angelo | giuseppe.dang...@kdab.com | Senior Software Engineer
KDAB - The Qt, C++ and OpenGL Experts