On 10/22/2015 06:09 PM, dean wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have been hacking on the freenet debian package for a little while and
> I think I have gotten it up to a usable stage. Id like some feedback if
> someone would like to browse/test it please?

Sure! I'm glad to hear you got this working again. Hopefully we'll be
able to start publishing it this time around.

From looking at the diff:

* The contrib submodule path should lose the "-staging" too.
* GWT continues to be painful. What is it required for? IIRC it's the
  progress loading images, which are cool, but also kinda abandoned.
  Maybe someone will be interested in rescuing them during the
  hackathon?
* The change to the seednodes update makes things end up in a different
  directory: it removes one cd but not the matching cd -.
* I don't think v29 is preferable to contrib master. master is split
  into multiple jars,  which is better and I'm hoping we can move to it.
* Does the wrapper not work with the packaged Debian version? In my
  experience it'll sometimes work despite a mismatch. I don't know if
  that's unstable.
* Why not depend on Bouncy Castle? I'd rather make a Debian package for
  1.52 and use that.
* Why is extlib.wrapper.suppress in contrib.override.properties changed
 to false?

Thanks,
Steve