On 24/10/15 05:11, dean wrote:
> On 10/24/15 00:13, Matthew Toseland wrote:
>>> My thoughts on this were: The debian package should use exactly the same
>>> code as everybody else does. Isn't contrib master considered untested? I
>>> planned to trial contrib master in branch until freenet used contrib
>>> master too. Am I being silly? Should I just use master?
>> I thought there were more recent changes on v29 than on master? There
>> were a couple of important bugfixes, are they in master?
> They must be in master. Tag v29's latest commit was on May 10, 2011 by you.
>> Also, do both versions of Contrib use Maven?
> Yes, commons-compress and db40 I think.
Neither of which should be in freenet-ext.jar. We could ship the
upstream official binary releases, provided they are signed, or
rebuild... We could even get rid of db4o if we can bundle it with the
plugins that need it.
>>> It appears to work.
>>> Me either, that's the problem. The wrapper warning scared me off:
>>> WARNING - The Wrapper jar file currently in use is version "3.3.1" while
>>> the version of the Wrapper which launched this JVM is "3.5.26". The
>>> Wrapper may appear to work correctly but some features may not function
>>> correctly.  This configuration has not been tested and is not supported.
>>> This could still be a problem.
>>>
>>> It should be fairly trivial to update the wrapper freenet uses shouldn't
>>> it? Maybe I'll look at this later, or when the build system gets upgraded.
>> There should *not* be a wrapper mismatch. We should use the newer
>> version of the wrapper for both the jar and the native binaries. In the
>> released version we ship wrapper.jar *in addition to* freenet-ext.jar,
>> and use wrapper.jar, and we don't get a version mismatch IIRC. Of course
>> this means we have to update both the binary and the jar at the same
>> time, which is the hard bit.
> Yes that's the problem I found/created. It comes from the mixing and
> matching versions from debian's service-wrapper and freenet. Now that
> I've looked into it more I'm really confused. Contribs v29 is using
> wrapper version 3.3.1, master looks like its using 3.5.27 and debian
> looks like its using 3.5.3 (stable).
The point I was making is the wrapper should not be in
freenet-ext.jar/Contrib at all. We ship it separately. Again this points
towards using master Contrib and splitting everything out. It may be
that the wrapper is still in Contrib master, but that's only because
it's not been removed yet.

It's probably easiest to use Debian's version of the wrapper if it's not
grotesquely outdated?
> I think this can be solved by not using freenets wrapper at all. I'll
> look at this soon.
Yep.