Hi Ian,

I'll help answer that one: He is a long-standing volunteer who is one of
the current Release Managers; He has also been helping me with system
administration for the project and still has access to most systems to
this day.

The fact that you are not aware of it just goes to show how disconnected
you are from the community.

Bringing in "the board" in an argument of authority is an asshat move:
As you know, none of its members have had any active involvement with
the project nor its community for decades. In fact, looking at the list
of subscribers to @devl, I highly doubt that any of them aside from you
are on it; Prove me wrong, let them manifest themselves and defend what,
so far, can only be seen as an unilateral move from you.

Over a year ago we had a conversation about your plans for Locutus and
you shared your difficulties with finding a new/better name. I have
suggested that you you take it to the community and ask them to suggest
something. I can see that you have also discarded my views and concerns
here as I haven't seen anything before your "Important Announcement".

Regardless of the outcome I can't help but think that this should have
been handled better.

For the record, I am also strongly against renaming fred, especially to
"Freenet Classic" which was the name given to 0.5 when 0.7 was released.

NextGen$