On Thu, Oct 9, 2014 at 5:59 PM, vinc...@massol.net <vinc...@massol.net>
wrote:

> On 9 Oct 2014 at 17:57:46, Jeremie BOUSQUET (jeremie.bousq...@gmail.com
> (mailto:jeremie.bousq...@gmail.com)) wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > In fact, colibri top-menu was better than bootstrap buttons ! :D
> >
> > Why not putting back old ways of interacting ?
> > - re-add display of dropdown menu on hover [1]
> > - re-add underlining on hover of links in menu text
>
> The reason we changed that was for mobiles. We could decide to have
> different behaviors on mobile and desktops but not sure it’s best. WDYT?

I think it's not bad to have a slightly different behaviour for desktop and
mobile. I don't have much experience with this but I think that we should
not ruin desktop experience because it has to work on mobile. If different
behaviour is the solution, let's do it.

I think the old behaviour with the hover was quite natural, and the fact
that bootstrap does not have those buttons by default is because it's
mobile first. But, as much as we'd want it, XWiki is not yet mobile first
(I would say most of the usage of XWiki today is still desktop, but since I
don't have statistics I cannot prove it. I can only use my personal
statistic, from my experience and the cases I know).

2 clicks feels completely unnatural on desktop, especially when coming from
colibri.

I would not want to let Bootstrap kill our UI choices, I think it's the bad
reason to say that "we won't do it because bootstrap does not have a
default component for it".

Thanks,
Anca