Hello Vincent,

having some experience with TeX I would implement CSS with macro-definitions…
Every element start would be a call to a macro that would check for rules that
would apply to its element, including passing parameters of their ancestry.

However, I guess that your solution seems probably more ad hoc and more
practical.

Is there any reason that you don’t use the XSL-FO renderer that use LaTeX? I
thought there were several of them.

paul