haha seems there’s some option to use “.sty” files for styling in LaTeX! :)
* https://tug.org/pracjourn/2005-3/asknelly/nelly-sty-&-cls.pdf
* https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/91167/why-use-sty-files

What I understand so far, is that we would redefine commands in the .sty file
and then use those commands in the generated tex output.

For example instead of directly outputing "\begin{tabular}{l|ll}” for a table,
we would create own own and output "\begin{xwiki}{l|ll}”, with the definition
of it in a .sty file, with some default styles applied. This would then allow
modifying just the .sty file to control the output.

Seems great and exactly what I need. Still digging.

Also this page explains nicely the differences between LaTeX and PDF:
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/comp.text.tex/oTaAExhAZE4/4zbqNDYUwg8J

Thanks
-Vincent