> On 24 Sep 2018, at 15:50, Vincent Massol <vinc...@massol.net> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>> On 24 Sep 2018, at 10:11, Adel Atallah <adel.atal...@xwiki.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> AFAIK, anyone can switch from Simple User to Advanced User, so I don't
>> think it's a good idea to completely prevent someone (by showing an
>> error) from performing an action just because its user type is not the
>> right one.
>>
>> For me, the best solution would be to show a warning to both simple
>> and advanced users when they try to move/rename pages with xclass.
>>
>> WDYT?
>
> What we try to do is to hide complexity for simple users. Telling a simple
> user that he cannot move a page because it contains an XClass definition is
> not going to cut it ;-) It’s way too complex and he won’t know what this
> means. We probably need to explain it in simple terms

For example. “The following technical pages cannot be moved/copied/renamed
[pick the one corresponding to the action] since it would break applications
using them. Please contact an advanced user of your wiki if you really need to
perform this operation since it’ll have important consequences that need to be
understood”.

Then when an advanced user is used, we could provide more detailed information
such as "The following technical pages cannot be moved/copied/renamed [pick the
one corresponding to the action] since they contain an XWiki Class definition
and it’ll break applications using them. If you still wish to perform the
operation you’ll need to edit all places using the old reference to the XWiki
Class to make the application using them work again.”

WDYT?

Thanks
-Vincent