In a message dated 10/4/05 9:20:01 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

>   Funders
> >do not seem to value the role of intermediaries and of knowledge
> >brokers.

What we need to do is to show up at the think tanks that the funders use to
generate ideas within their networks. But the cost of attending them is steep
and most of us don't have the spare change to do so. I used to be invited to
Poptech in Maine, a stimulating weekend of discussion and ideas that was like
going to college in a week, but I asked the question about why minorities have
become cannon fodder and why should it continue and thought I know lots of the
funders, the organizer, the new one, shot me a look that let me know I was not
welcome to return on scholarship.   A little reality anyway. He did skip the
question.

Bonnie Bracey
bbracey at aol com