From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, October 05, 2005 3:53 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [DDN] Educating the philanthropic community

In a message dated 10/4/05 9:20:01 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

>   Funders
> >do not seem to value the role of intermediaries and of knowledge
> >brokers.

What we need to do is to show up at the think tanks that the funders use to
generate ideas within their networks. But the cost of attending them is
steep and most of us don't have the spare change to do so. I used to be
invited to Poptech in Maine, a stimulating weekend of discussion and ideas
that was like going to college in a week, but I asked the question about why
minorities have become cannon fodder and why should it continue and thought
I know lots of the funders, the organizer, the new one, shot me a look that
let me know I was not
welcome to return on scholarship.   A little reality anyway. He did skip the

question.

Bonnie Bracey
bbracey at aol com