It's a good "why should I care about D" article. I frequent Hacker News, and one thing that seems to get people really hyped about a language is "Getting Things Done", as well as all the functional programming hype.

One thing that caught my eye:

"I also recommend the book The D Programming Language by Alexei Alexandrescu. The author not only describes the language but also explains the reasoning behind the language design. Apart from learning about D, you learn a lot about programming in general, and believe it or not, it’s also fun to read."

I have to agree, Andrei has a great writing style. I've read TDPL through 3 times now, and I can't say that there's any section that I find dry or boring.