On 8/2/13 10:44 AM, Peter Alexander wrote:
Not to speak on Leandro's behalf, but I think the obvious answer is
"Reduced compile times by 43%".

It's much more useful to express it that way because it's easier to
apply. Say I have a program that takes 100 seconds to compile. Knowing
that the compilation time is reduced by 43% makes it easy to see that my
program will now take 57 seconds. Knowing that compilation is 75% faster
doesn't help much at all - I have to get out a calculator and divide by
1.75.

It's always better to use a measure that is linear with what you care
about. Here, most people care about how long their programs take to
compile, not how many programs they can compile per second.

That's cool, thanks!

Andrei