On 8/2/2013 1:45 PM, user wrote:
I am OK with the existing definition of speed, but would like to see the
definition mentioned somewhere at the top. speed = lines_compiled/sec. Even
though its obvious to some people, it not to me!

Sigh. It's not even lines per second, it's dimensionless when using percentages. Note that I never needed to count the number of lines to get a correct percentage.

I guess that's why all the technical docs I write have a explicit "definitions"
section at the top in the template. I should start using it more often.

I wouldn't even read an article that had a sidebar at the top explaining what "speed" was.