On Wednesday, 22 January 2014 at 23:19:08 UTC, David Nadlinger wrote:
This is also the reason why I would have voted "no" if I made it in time. Documentation and implementation can be fixed later, but we would have had to support a borderline-broken API (with regards to type stringification) for the foreseeable future.

The main problem with `std.signal` API is private signals. I think it's important feature, but Robert created additional struct `Signal`, enum `Protection` and string mixin `signal` to implement it.

It's only 2 possible solutions: remove private signals or implement new D feature like `friend` keyword.

What can we do? Will we create DIP or bugzilla issue? Andrei, what do you think about it?