On Sunday, 2 March 2014 at 12:29:15 UTC, Denis Shelomovskij wrote:
I'd say a good static code analysis require a full compiler frontend and I see no reasons why there can't be such thing in dmd as it is just as required as profiler, unittesting or documentation generation which are already in. Of course it has nothing to do with compiler warnings and is a separate thing. But looks like people aren't interested in it as enhancement request 9811 [1] still has no votes or discussion.

I think built-in profile and documentation is also inferior to having those as separate binaries but distributing together with compiler and being callable from it. Unit test are different because those are much more integrated with language itself.

Compiler as a (dynamic) library is the way to go.