On Monday, 31 March 2014 at 00:09:34 UTC, Leandro Lucarella wrote:

I think that's pretty wasteful, why won't you just use clang? What's the point of competing with another opensource project (a very good one, that took a lot of men-hour to do a good C/C++ compiler, including the preprocessor). I understand Walter did this in a couple of weeks, clang have been developed for at least 7 years now, is totally understandable that clang outperforms warp, is enough merit for warp to outperform GCC. I mean, if someone wants to have fun, go ahead, but putting community effort on that where there are so many places that are more important to
put the effort on seems a bit silly.

Walter taking 2 weeks to do something comparable to what the clang and gcc guys have done over many years, serves as massive advertising for D.

Also, here we now have an entire project written by the man himself. That should serve as required reading for anybody who wants to learn how to code in the latest D.

And it serves as a benchmark for the best C++ coders. They can try to do the same in C++ in two weeks. (I bet by the end of the two weeks the guys are ready to switch languages!)