On Monday, 31 March 2014 at 03:25:37 UTC, justme wrote:
On Monday, 31 March 2014 at 00:09:34 UTC, Leandro Lucarella wrote:

I mean, if someone wants to have fun, go ahead, but putting community effort on that where there are so many places that are more important to
put the effort on seems a bit silly.

Agreed.

Walter taking 2 weeks to do something comparable to what the clang and gcc guys have done over many years, serves as massive advertising for D.

Maybe, but sober observers will realize that Walter could probably have done something similar in C++. That doesn't negate your point though, that it's a good ad for D.

Also, here we now have an entire project written by the man himself. That should serve as required reading for anybody who wants to learn how to code in the latest D.

I made a first pass through. I notice that almost every 'alias' is of the form

  alias existing_name new_name;

I thought that in the latest D the alias syntax was

  alias new_name = existing_name;

Should I be following Walter's lead with respect to alias?