On 6/11/2014 2:41 AM, Joseph Rushton Wakeling wrote:
5. Another possible improvement would be something akin to a "remix"
function. It should work identically to reseeding, but instead of
setting the internal state to match the seed (as I see in
https://github.com/WebDrake/hap/blob/master/source/hap/random/generator.d#L485),
remixing should probably be XOR'd into the current state. That way if
you have a state based on some real entropy, you can slowly, over
time, drip in more entropy into the state.

Also a very interesting suggestion.  Is there a standard name for this
kind of procedure?

NIST's crypto-RNG papers just refer to it as "reseeding", so there might not be a standard name for it. FWIW, I've taken to calling it "accumulating entropy".