On 20/08/14 03:41, Andrew Edwards wrote:

That was my doing... I am preparing myself for the next go around. The
actual branch will be created on Sunday (24 Aug) for a Monday (0900 PDT)
announcement. The beta cycle will run eight weeks following that. On the
fourth week (22 Sept) I will transition from beta to RC.

Betas will be release 5 days apart. RCs will be released 3 days apart.
If no regression is fixed during that beta/RC window, the window will be
extended an additional 3/5 days (as appropriate) until either fixes are
received or the review period ends: at which time the final release is
prepared and published.

The only thing that will extend the review period is if a regression
exiting at the time RC1 is released remains open at the end of the 8
weeks. At that time an additional week will be added to the release
cycle to address those specific issues. If they cannot be addressed
during that additional week, the cycle will be terminated and the final
release published.

All regressions not addressed in the main release will be addressed in
point releases. Point releases will be published in 2 week increments
following the final release (as warranted).

I we're letting regressions through in the main release I'm wondering how likely they are to be fixed later.

Starting with 2.066, releases will be maintained for 1 year. Meaning,
point releases will be published biweekly (as warranted) for 1 year
after a major release. The only changes that will be pushed during point
releases are known regressions and ICE.

To pull this off, I absolutely need the community's assistance. Issues
must clearly indicate which version affected by a particular regression.
A volunteer to help me track and categorize ice and regressions would do
wonders.

Also, I need access to publish and upload to the s3 server. I cannot
wait around on for files to be synched across servers or web pages to be
updated with one word changes before I can take the next step, it is
extremely time consuming and deteriorates productivity.

Note: there will normally be a 4 week break between release cycles. When
a cycle is extended, the break will be reduced to 3 weeks. This
particular cycle will start early because 2.066 ended 5 weeks after the
planned release date.

All this should be written down somewhere in the wiki.

--
/Jacob Carlborg
              • R... Suliman via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • R... Suliman via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • R... Dicebot via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • R... Suliman via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • R... Idan Arye via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • R... Andrew Edwards via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • R... ketmar via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • R... Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • R... Iain Buclaw via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • R... Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d-announce
      • Re: D 2.066 is out... Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: D 2.066 is out. En... eles via Digitalmars-d-announce
  • Re: D 2.066 is out. Enjoy! Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d-announce