On 21/09/2014 18:43, Rainer Schuetze wrote:
I tried it on Windows and Digger does an amazing job at installing
dependencies. I think we should recommend it as the first thing to run
when trying to get your hands on building dmd/phobos.

+1

In case someone starts creating patches: Would it be possible to also
write a batch file into the repository folder to redo a build of dmd,
druntime and phobos without checking all the dependencies?

Sometimes my Windows machine with 2 GB RAM gets OOM when trying to link phobos.lib (I have to close most programs and start again), it would be nice if there was a way to continue a failed build without starting from scratch.

I also hope there's a way of making the link take less memory, perhaps by making sub-libraries first and linking those together.

How about running the test suite?

AFAICT the test suite needs a separate MSYS install from the one Git uses, e.g. for a newer version of 'diff'. Not sure if that makes it harder for Digger to support.
  • Digger 1.0 Vladimir Panteleev via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: Digger 1.0 Vladimir Panteleev via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: Digger 1.0 Rainer Schuetze via Digitalmars-d-announce
      • Re: Digger 1.0 Rikki Cattermole via Digitalmars-d-announce
      • Re: Digger 1.0 Nick Treleaven via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • Re: Digger 1.0 simendsjo via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • Re: Digger ... ketmar via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • Re: Digger ... simendsjo via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • Re: Digger ... Vladimir Panteleev via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • Re: Di... Nick Treleaven via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • Re... Nick Treleaven via Digitalmars-d-announce