On 10/1/2014 6:41 AM, JN via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
On Wednesday, 1 October 2014 at 05:09:45 UTC, Nick Sabalausky wrote:

Other OSes/distros are likely equally easy. Please, reply with
examples to help ensure other people on the same OS/distro as you have
no excuse not to update!

I find it ironic that it's another "big global" security hole about
which Windows users don't even have to be concerned about.

False.

All of my windows boxes needed to be updated. One of the first things I do on any new windows box is install cygwin to get a saner development environment with bash as my shell.

I wouldn't be shocked at all if other windows apps bundle bash for one reason or another too. It might not come as part of the base install (though given the huge pile of stuff that gets installed, I wouldn't put huge bets on it not lurking off in a dark corner somewhere), but that's not the end of the story.