On 10/1/14 10:44 AM, Kagamin wrote:
On Wednesday, 1 October 2014 at 05:09:45 UTC, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
Apparently bash has it's own "heartbleed" now, dubbed "shellshock".

Does it affect dash?

I don't know, but I think it doesn't. There are tests you can use to check if your shell is vulnerable, google can tell you :)

Also, how does one update software on linux? Last I checked, when new
version is out, repository of the previous version becomes utterly
abandoned. A pity, on windows one can roll new software versions as long
as they are maintained.

Generally, you use the package manager, but it is very dependent on what distribution you are using. For example, in Ubuntu or Linux Mint, the UI alerts you to updates, and it's as simple as clicking a button.

I think the "utterly abandoned" claim is highly dubious.