On 11/26/2014 06:27 AM, Dejan Lekic wrote:

> whenever there is something new, so we readers can go back to the website
> and grab the latest version of the book.

That has always been the case with Programming in D. Although there has been a hiatus of about two months this last time, Luís Marques' edits from this morning have already made it to the site as we speak. ;)

> I think this is a much better approach than book editions, as they may
> appear years after each other... Sure, it is more complicated, but I
> think it pays off

It is not complicated at all. I type 'make', copy the generated .zip file to the hosting site, unzip, and the edits are live! :) (Although, the .epub and .mobi formats are not integrated to the Makefile yet.)

On 11/26/2014 08:55 AM, Dejan Lekic wrote:

> One more thing - if you have the book in some "wiki form", it may be a
> good idea to transform it into AsciiDoc as it has really nice
> ePub/PDF/HTML output.

For historical reasons I started with Ddoc. I can investigate converting it to AsciiDoc but honestly I am not motivated much to do that. :)

Currently, Ddoc is first converted to HTML and I use the HTML to generate different final formats.

Ali