On Monday, 29 December 2014 at 09:43:34 UTC, Rikki Cattermole wrote:
On 29/12/2014 10:33 p.m., Vadim Lopatin wrote:
On Monday, 29 December 2014 at 09:30:40 UTC, Vadim Lopatin wrote:
BTW, there is de_image package - "Image loading and exporting
Devisualization".
It's native D implementation, and possible if PNG only is enough, it
makes sense to use it.
Did some try de_image?

Author here.
Devisualization.Image png support is not complete.
But should be fine for RGBA images.
Interlacing is not done, however should be pretty easy to implement. I just haven't really wrapped my head around how to do and undo Adam7.

There is much more complete implementations in e.g. ae with support for jpeg, bmp, tiff ext. However my reasons for Devisualization.Image is = less code to compile in. Highly scoped.

Does de_image support PNGs with more than 256 colors?
Does it support alpha?

Interlacing is not critical for usage in GUI resources - it's always possible to open interlaced image and save as non-interlaced.

Are you planning to separate import and export operations?
E.g. possibility to build read-only configuration of library to reduce code size?

I'm going to try de_image instead of FreeImage in dlangui.