On 30/12/2014 12:14 a.m., Vadim Lopatin wrote:
On Monday, 29 December 2014 at 09:43:34 UTC, Rikki Cattermole wrote:
On 29/12/2014 10:33 p.m., Vadim Lopatin wrote:
On Monday, 29 December 2014 at 09:30:40 UTC, Vadim Lopatin wrote:
BTW, there is de_image package - "Image loading and exporting
Devisualization".
It's native D implementation, and possible if PNG only is enough, it
makes sense to use it.
Did some try de_image?

Author here.
Devisualization.Image png support is not complete.
But should be fine for RGBA images.
Interlacing is not done, however should be pretty easy to implement. I
just haven't really wrapped my head around how to do and undo Adam7.

There is much more complete implementations in e.g. ae with support
for jpeg, bmp, tiff ext. However my reasons for Devisualization.Image
is = less code to compile in. Highly scoped.

Does de_image support PNGs with more than 256 colors?

It should support 8bit and 16bit sample (not RGB I mean just for e.g. R)[0].
I haven't really tested 16bit support however.

Does it support alpha?

Yes

Interlacing is not critical for usage in GUI resources - it's always
possible to open interlaced image and save as non-interlaced.

Just so you know [1].

Are you planning to separate import and export operations?
E.g. possibility to build read-only configuration of library to reduce
code size?

Currently there is no way to disable exporting.
Its honestly not much code extra, double roughly at most.

I'm going to try de_image instead of FreeImage in dlangui.

Sweet sounds good.
Also if you don't mind looking into Devisualization.Window as well?
It would help get you on to OSX rather fast. Since it already supports it.

If there is anything you want help with or just general chat, feel free to ping me on gitter.im. All Devisualization projects especially the more complete ones have a conversation on there with me sitting in them.

[0] https://github.com/Devisualization/image/blob/master/source/png/devisualization/image/png/reader_chunks_IDAT.d#L67 [1] https://github.com/Devisualization/image/blob/master/source/png/devisualization/image/png/reader_chunks_IDAT.d#L57