load will pull in 1.1 functions only, nothing more. reload will load in whatever is supported by the current context. So if your context only supports 2.1, only functions up to 2.1 will be loaded. One of the earlier posts showed what needs to be done on Mac to get a 3.x context. In SDL, that means the following:

```
SDL_GL_SetAttribute(SDL_GL_CONTEXT_MAJOR_VERSION, 3);
SDL_GL_SetAttribute(SDL_GL_CONTEXT_MAJOR_VERSION, 3);
SDL_GL_SetAttribute(SDL_GL_CONTEXT_PROFILE_MASK, SDL_GL_CONTEXT_PROFILE_CORE); SDL_GL_SetAttribute(SDL_GL_CONTEXT_FLAGS, SDL_GL_CONTEXT_FORWARD_COMPATIBLE_FLAG);

Yes, that was my suggestion. But now where you confirm it, I'll add it.

Added