On Wednesday, 25 February 2015 at 15:36:21 UTC, Gan wrote:
On Tuesday, 24 February 2015 at 22:03:29 UTC, stewarth wrote:
On Tuesday, 24 February 2015 at 21:10:53 UTC, Gan wrote:
On Tuesday, 24 February 2015 at 21:07:04 UTC, stewarth wrote:
On Tuesday, 24 February 2015 at 19:32:08 UTC, Gan wrote:
On Tuesday, 24 February 2015 at 16:28:59 UTC, Namespace wrote:
I had to force dub to upgrade in order for it to pull the latest code from the master branch.

But on the plus side it runs.

On the downside it still only displays a blank white screen for Mac users.

As growlercab pointed out (https://github.com/Dgame/Dgame/pull/29), I think also that you should set the Version to 3.2 rather than 3.0. Could you give it a try and say if that works for you?

No dice. Running the shapes tutorial again, just a blank screen. Console output looks good though:
init openAL
Derelict loaded GL version: GL33 (GL33), available GL version: 3.3 INTEL-10.0.22
Quit Event
Finalize Sound (0)
>> Sound Finalized
Text: Finalize Font
Font finalized
Close open Windows.
Open Windows closed.
Finalize Texture (0)
>> Texture Finalized
quit sdl

Did you try commenting out the line that sets the forward compatibility flag as well?
(sorry it isn't clear from the posts)

if (style & Style.OpenGL) {
SDL_GL_SetAttribute(SDL_GL_CONTEXT_MAJOR_VERSION, 3);
SDL_GL_SetAttribute(SDL_GL_CONTEXT_MINOR_VERSION, 3);
SDL_GL_SetAttribute(SDL_GL_CONTEXT_PROFILE_MASK, SDL_GL_CONTEXT_PROFILE_CORE);
/*
* SDL_GL_SetAttribute(SDL_GL_CONTEXT_FLAGS,
*           SDL_GL_CONTEXT_FORWARD_COMPATIBLE_FLAG);
*/
}

This fixed a similar issue for me on Linux.

Cheers,
stew

Yeah I did that, doesn't show anything but a blank white screen.

OK, thanks for letting me know.

Is there anything more I can test to try to get it working on Mac?

Also anyone else have a Mac to test on? I wanna make sure it's not just me getting the blank white screen.

Without a MAC I am just guessing, but my next steps would be along the lines of:

1. The venerable printf binary search bug hunt approach :)

Check glGetError, which you can turn the error into a string with GLU as follows:

---
void reportGLErrors() {
    GLenum errCode;
    const GLubyte *errString;
    if ((errCode = glGetError()) != GL_NO_ERROR)
    {
        errString = gluErrorString(errCode);
        writeln(errString.fromStringz)
    }
// UNTESTED!!
}
---

I'd start the search in $Dgame/Window/Window.d before and after SDL_CreateWindow, SDL_GL_CreateContext and SDL_GL_MakeCurrent then go from there.

2. If printf didn't help I'd look at using a GL debug tool

From this page: https://www.opengl.org/wiki/Debugging_Tools
XCode tools
Under Mac OS X, Apple provides two very handy tools for debugging OpenGL applications as part of XCode: "OpenGL Driver Monitor" and "OpenGL Profiler".

If these are anything like AMDs CodeXL (previously gDEBugger) they should tell you what GL errors are occurring each frame and on which call (including in shaders).

Depending on your style you may want to swap order of the above :)

Cheers,
Stew