On Thursday, 26 March 2015 at 13:51:32 UTC, Chris wrote:
The Go language aside, I don't trust Google projects. Too many corpses. I have more confidence in community driven things.

If you can make do with a conglomerate of small things, yes. Python is well suited for that, many small independent bits.

I'm ok with Google projects as long as there is a fallback. And there is a fallback for most of the tech they push. (e.g. you can host your own App Engine compatible setup, compile your own Go compiler, etc)