On Wednesday, 25 March 2015 at 22:30:15 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:
On Wednesday, 25 March 2015 at 21:00:37 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
https://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/30ad8b/why_gos_design_is_a_disservice_to_intelligent/

Andrei

Downplaying other languages makes the D crowd look desperate...

Go has stability, is production ready and has an ecosystem with commercial value.

D lacks all of these atm...

Not to mention that Go is in GCC for a very long time already... :)

I never liked the language much (I think Erlang or Scala are definitely better choices than Go), but it is in a much better shape than D (unless you want to use stable D1).