On Saturday, 28 March 2015 at 05:35:57 UTC, ketmar wrote:
On Sat, 28 Mar 2015 04:55:47 +0000, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:

But honestly, there already exists so much information on how to use
DustMite...

...that people in bugzilla keep asking what it is.

Not knowing what something is and not wanting to learn how to use it are different things.

ANYONE should be able to
use DustMite or Digger to reduce a test case down to reasonable size.

having a big codebase that you didn't wrote and never read took 12 hours to dustmite. not that i can just leave it unattended though, as compiler itself segfaults sometimes, and that effectively leaves dustmite frozen. so it not only eats resources of my box (and i have a work to do, and that work involves compiling big codebases too), but it requires my attention. but yes, it's entirely my fault that i cannot afford such
resources and asking for help, i know.

Honestly, did you even try?

https://github.com/CyberShadow/DustMite/wiki/Detecting-a-segfault-in-dmd-itself
https://github.com/CyberShadow/DustMite/wiki/Running-commands-with-a-timeout
https://github.com/CyberShadow/DustMite/wiki/Useful-test-scripts

Or did you just give up after the first difficulty, saying, "well, I tried"?

Do you think your time is more valuable than that of D contributors' or something?
  • Re: Release D 2.067.0 Tove via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: Release D 2.067.0 ketmar via Digitalmars-d-announce
      • Re: Release D 2.067... John Colvin via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • Re: Release D 2... ketmar via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • Re: Release... John Colvin via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • Re: Re... ketmar via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • Re... Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • Re... Vladimir Panteleev via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • Re... ketmar via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • Re... Vladimir Panteleev via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • Re... ketmar via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • Re... Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • Re... ketmar via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • Re... lobo via Digitalmars-d-announce