On Saturday, 28 March 2015 at 14:12:19 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
On Saturday, 28 March 2015 at 05:35:57 UTC, ketmar wrote:
On Sat, 28 Mar 2015 04:55:47 +0000, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:

But honestly, there already exists so much information on how to use
DustMite...

...that people in bugzilla keep asking what it is.

Not knowing what something is and not wanting to learn how to use it are different things.

ANYONE should be able to
use DustMite or Digger to reduce a test case down to reasonable size.

having a big codebase that you didn't wrote and never read took 12 hours to dustmite. not that i can just leave it unattended though, as compiler itself segfaults sometimes, and that effectively leaves dustmite frozen. so it not only eats resources of my box (and i have a work to do, and that work involves compiling big codebases too), but it requires my attention. but yes, it's entirely my fault that i cannot afford such
resources and asking for help, i know.

Honestly, did you even try?

https://github.com/CyberShadow/DustMite/wiki/Detecting-a-segfault-in-dmd-itself
https://github.com/CyberShadow/DustMite/wiki/Running-commands-with-a-timeout
https://github.com/CyberShadow/DustMite/wiki/Useful-test-scripts

Or did you just give up after the first difficulty, saying, "well, I tried"?

Do you think your time is more valuable than that of D contributors' or something?

This attitude is crap and is becoming more frequent on the forums.

The D development team is not interested in listening to their user base unless the user base is willing to contribute back to D language development with PRs.

Good luck with that because most end-users will not bother even trying to file a bug report, let alone distill it down with some tool in the compiler download. They'll just move on in another language that doesn't require effort fighting compiler/language bugs.

bye,
lobo