On Sunday, 29 March 2015 at 02:15:38 UTC, cym13 wrote:

Urr.... As an active Python developer, I find that one pretty harsh. It's not that we need to enforce good style, it's that we take good style as granted and choose to lighten it consequently.

On the contrary I think that D has everything to attract a pythonista. Most new, trendy languages like Go or Rust are to down a level to easily suit a python's formated mind, and I guess that if most python developers come to switch language for performance issues (like myself) D's code safety system is definitely very appealing because python's safety is... well... ^^"

Moreover, it is possible to reach a good expressiveness (maybe not as good as python, but that's the whole goal of python so there's no shame in not matching it).

UFCS FTW!

As an active Python developer, what would you add to or change about the following:
http://bitbashing.io/2015/01/26/d-is-like-native-python.html