On Monday, 20 April 2015 at 22:57:51 UTC, Stewart Gordon wrote:
I committed some updates the other day and they seem they have gone straight into the online repository.

Committing is a local (non-network) operation in git, so you must have pushed them afterwards, or your GUI has done this for you.

https://help.github.com/articles/using-pull-requests/

That mentions a 'shared repository model'. What is that if not a way of enabling any user to push changes? (That said, it isn't clear at the moment how to control whether a given repository is fork-pull or shared, or even whether the distinction is at the repository setup level or some other.)

The shared repository model rarely applies to open-source projects, and I don't think it applies to the bindings project.

The module list has no value these days. Most people in that list no longer use D.

?? The module list is a list of modules, not a list of people.

Sorry, I was talking about the "Assigned to" column. I was misremembering, I agree it might be worth migrating to the GitHub wiki.

Given that SVN is going the way of RCS and CVS, it's not really an "if".

What do you mean by this?

SVN use, especially in open-source projects, has heavily declined in the past years. People have begun maintaining their own forks and mirrors of the bindings project just so they wouldn't have to muck with SVN. The bindings project needs to move away from SVN if it is to avoid fragmentation and be friendly to contributions.