On Monday, 1 June 2015 at 12:39:13 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
On Monday, 1 June 2015 at 12:00:53 UTC, extrawurst wrote:
Thanks for the chance to be there! Even if I am dissapointed with many decisions being made, the main thing is that D is getting new users and new success stories. And DConf tells those stories :)

Out of curiosity, what decisions are you talking about ?

I think these are most unpleasant ones for me:

- Same hypocrite attitude to language/stdlib breaking changes that neither allows to fix it nor gives stability guarantees.

- Going for kitchen sink Phobos (and distributing vibe.d as part of Phobos)

- Moving fibers between threads (though there is some hope that Liran managed to convince Walter it is a bad idea)

On the other hand, AST macros have been officially rejected and that I like a lot :)

To miss on this kind of grapevine when not attending dconf is the most annoying part...

I whish more of the attendees would write this stuff down somewhere for us others ;) (looking at Adam and hoping for the next issue of TWID)