On Monday, 1 June 2015 at 16:23:14 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
I will note to those reading this thread, the absolute most phenomenal part of attending the d conference is the live discussion that happens between talks, and afterwards over drinks/dinner. The live streams and recorded talks are no substitute. Just a nudge for anyone who is on the fence for next year :) I hope I can go next year, need to get that passport in order...

I can second that, and I'd like to add a personal note of thanks for the great advice that you offered me after my talk. I'm starting to come around to some of the ideas I wasn't so sure of at the time ... :-)